Marketing is such a hot button for entrepreneurs, regardless if you’re heart-centered or not. Marketing is tied into how you value yourself, how you want to show up in your biz, your relationship with money and more. So it’s no wonder so many of us struggle with marketing on some level.
Tomasa, my PW Unplugged Radio guest, is here today to give you some tips which hopefully will make it easier to market yourself. Enjoy!
by Tomasa Macapinlac
Are you a gifted healer or holistic practitioner who is disgusted with all the same marketing templates that you see out there? Does it leave a bitter taste in your mouth, where you feel shameful, where you just want to crawl up in a ball in the corner and not show your face, because you don’t feel like yourself?
Perhaps, you are afraid to market and put yourself out there, because you are afraid to offend your friends and being judged as this self-promoting narcistic person, when really you are just wanting to share your gift with more people.
Here’s the thing …if you don’t market your services or products how is anyone going to know about what you’ve got to offer? Not to mention how is your ideal client going to find the exact product or service they have been on a quest for? Or how are you going to influence the person who really needs your services, but isn’t aware that (s)he really does need what you have to offer?
I see this all the time and I am included….heart-centered entrepreneurs would rather sit quietly and ommmm and wait for those clients to be attracted to you, rather than actively putting themselves out there with their services. Well that is one way of calling in the clients, but it’s not always the abundant way of doing it.
When I lived in LA after college, I used to go see this minister on Sundays who was very inspirational and he would say treat and shuffle your feet. Well what he meant was pray and get into action. That’s kind of the same action as “ommmming” and get into action…just a little bit different spiritual practice, right?
If you are a BIG thinker, you have to do both because you think infinitely. If you don’t think quite as big, perhaps staying within your circle and ommming is for you. Whatever may be your way of being in the world, I wanted to share with you the 5 key ingredients to help you heal your marketing woes:
- with your higher self and see what it says. If you are feeling a little bit on the edge, chances are you are in the sweet spot of growth and you can taste the sweetness of your marketing message. The truth is your Spirit wants to soar so if you are keeping yourself small, chances are you are in an energetic prison
- with people who share a similar vision that you do, because it’s all about the energy you want to conjure for you and your vision. You want to surround yourself with like-minded individuals who lift you up and vice-versa
- with potential promotional partners who serve similar people that you serve and stand in your genius and allow them to stand in their genius rather than be a one-stop service – you get to really shine in what it is that you do really well.
- your tribe like it’s nobody’s business – share generously with them on your blog and in your videos and you’ll find they’ll want to come back and work with you because you are abundant with information ( if they resonate with you)
- your promotional partners ( known as joint venture and affiliates) by helping them on their ventures, projects etc – it takes a village to grow a business.
3) STRUCTURE AND SYSTEMIZE
- your content – you will be able to repurpose easily into a blog, ebook, video, audio or even for a speaking engagement
- your internet presence
- your products
- your services
- to your ideal client’s challenges that need to be solved
- to how they talk in a conversation about their challenges
- to your own inner voice and how you can blend your self-expression to speak to your ideal clients and help them address their challenges that keep them awake at night.
5) INVITE them through
- Videos on You Tube
- Opt-in page with your copy
- Social Media
- Affiliate emailing
- Speaking engagements
- Your Brand
As you can see there are many ways to market yourself. Marketing can be subtle with content embedded appearing in a non-salesy way but in an educational way. Many call it content marketing…it’s just another way of positioning yourself as an expert. When you do it, just make sure you show up in your authentic self-expression mesmerizing all five senses of your ideal client’s so they get a true taste of what it is to work with you.
You can learn more about healing your marketing woes at http://www.howtomarketeffectively.com/michelepw and learn 12 ways of marketing that you can tweak to your heart’s desire, plus a first ever talk with me about talking about the first KEY mentioned above – CONNECTING and building relationships.
Even though the event is over, you can gain access to the VIRTUAL EVENT packed with content guaranteed to take you to the next level of marketing and it will change your mindset about marketing where you will enjoy it, thus attracting all the idea clients that you want by putting you into ACTION