This is another question that not only do I hear all the time BUT has a 2-part answer to it. (And if you don’t see your question or you’re still not sure about something, please feel free to post a question here or email at Ask@MichelePW.com)
I’ll talk about one of the answers this week, which is how to create your own content.
First off, committing to regularly writing a blog may feel overwhelming at this point to you. If this is you, stop and take a deep breath. It’s truly easier than you think. Once you get into a habit of creating regular content, your subconscious really will rise to the occasion and help you create it.
But while you’re trying to get into that writing habit, it can feel pretty stressful facing that blank page. So here are a few ideas to get the juices going:
* Make a list of all the questions your clients ask you. Turn each question into blog post. Voila! Instant content.
* Check out other blogs and ezines your ideal clients are reading and see what they’re covering. No copying here — just take a look to see if you get any ideas on new pieces of content.
* Make sure you’re also following what’s going on in your industry — you can also write posts based on industry trends or anything new you’re seeing.
* Also check out current events. Is there something going on in the news (such as the Olympics right now) that you could turn into a piece of content for your ideal prospects?
* Do a mind map. This really helps me generate ideas. Get a big piece of paper and put a word down in the center that you’re in expert in. For instance, coaching. Now start freethinking and writing words and phrases that have to do with coaching. For instance: coaching practices how to set up a coaching biz, how to get coaching clients. Now take each one of those and drill down even further. For instance, if you were to drill down coaching practices you could say how to coach a difficult client or how to help a client through their blocks. Each time you come with an idea, circle it and draw a line to the phrase it relates too. It can be a little weird at first but once you get the hang of it, it can be really fun.
Now it’s your turn. What have you done to come up with content for your blog? Please share below in the comment section. Or if you have a question about marketing, business or writing copy, feel free to put in the comment section and I’ll answer those in a future Ask PW column.