Yes Virginia, there are monsters.
As I’m sure you’re intimately aware (probably more aware than you’d like to be) things go wrong in businesses.
Lots of things. Lots of times.
(And sometimes it even feels like all the things all of the time.)
Now if you’ve experienced something going wrong in your biz, you may have reached out for a solution or an answer to what’s going on. And depending on who you asked, you probably heard anything from “You have mindset blocks getting in your way” to “You simply don’t know a certain strategy or tactic.”
And I’m here to tell you it’s NONE of those things. If something is going wrong in your biz, it may very well mean there is a monster lurking about — haunting your biz, sabotaging your success, and just plain wreaking havoc.
Worse, there are lots and lots of different monsters that attack all sorts of different areas in your biz. And they can strike any time, any place. And since no one is talking about these sneaky, slimy, creepy creatures, they are allowed to grow and fester unchecked, attacking unsuspecting entrepreneurs at will.
But there is hope! You see, I am Michele PW Monster Hunter (yes you may know of me as Michele PW, Your $Ka-Ching!$ Marketing Strategist, but today I am Michele PW Monster Hunter).
And today I want to shine a light on these dastardly fellows so you can start to recognize when you are under attack from monsters, and then take the proper steps to banish them for good.
The monster I want to talk about today is called the Website Killer. He’s a bit shy, so he’s pretty hard to spot, but here are 3 signs that you are being haunted by the Website Killer:
1. You are embarrassed by your website. This may manifest itself as not wanting to give out your website URL, or if you do, you find yourself giving all sorts of qualifiers like “Oh I need to redo it,” or “I have one of those ‘bad’ websites,” or “It’s old and I just haven’t had time to work on it.”
You may also find you’re putting off launching a product or program, or approaching potential joint venture or affiliate partners, or lining up teleclasses or doing other visibility strategies like getting yourself out there on Facebook, or posting videos – because you don’t want ANYONE to see your website. And the fact that your other marketing strategies have ground to a halt niggles you constantly — you KNOW you’re losing valuable money-making and promotional opportunities, yet you just can’t bring yourself to give out your website URL because the idea that your ideal clients are looking at it makes you break out into a cold sweat.
(And the reason this is happening is because the Website Killer gives off a foul stench. So when he’s hiding in the shadows of your site, even though you can’t see him, you can certainly sense his presence and you end up feeling all sorts of website shame.)
2. You’ve moved beyond website shame into website hatred. You can’t stand your site. Every time you think about it, you can feel your insides clench up. Argh! Worse, maybe you have even spent a ton of money on your site and it makes you sick, because you know you need to spend MORE time or money to fix it. (You may even have a few Website Killer monsters haunting your site — they do travel in packs and the more you have hiding in your site, the worse you feel about it.)
3. Your website isn’t doing anything for you. No leads, no customers, no sales — no nothing. Worse, you’re not even sure what you’re doing wrong. (What you don’t realize is that Website Killer monster hiding in the shadows is scaring away all your ideal prospects!)
So if any of these signs feel familiar, here’s what I recommend you do:
1. Sign up for my free call “Is the Website Killer Monster Haunting Your Website? 3 Steps to Banish Him for Good So You See More Leads, Clients and Money From Your Website” here: http://michelepw.com/monsterhunter/
. (And you may want to watch my Monster Hunter video as well.) You’ll walk away with a plan, knowing exactly how to banish the Website Killer Monster for good.
2. Once you opt in, you’ll have a chance to submit your website for me to conduct a paranormal investigation. I’ll be selecting a few sites to investigate and sharing my findings (and I may select yours).
But the most important thing to remember — you’re not alone. The Website Killer has been around for, well, as long as we’ve had websites. And he just keeps multiplying and multiplying, so MANY entrepreneurs struggle with this.
But there is hope. And the first step to banishing him for good is being aware he exists, and figuring out if he’s haunting your site. Once you know that, we can start putting a plan in place that will send him on his way.