This question came from the survey I’m currently doing — asking people for their biggest questions about product launches.
I’m going to give you this answer in two parts. First off, I want you to take a good hard look at your offerings — both your free “taste” (like a preview call, webinar or video content series) and your actual paid product. Is it something your ideal client REALLY wants? Is it also interesting or entertaining to them? Does it give them a sense of community and connection?
You see, I can give you a laundry list (which I will in a moment) about how to get the word out, but if you don’t have a strong offer — something that creates its own energy and excitement, it’s going to be that much more difficult to create a buzz around it.
So you have to start with your offer. If your offer is weak, it really doesn’t matter what else you do or don’t do. If your offer is strong, that can go a long way to pulling your launch forward.
(And if you need help crafting that offer, make sure you take a look at my new Unlaunch Bootcamp that I’m co-hosting with Andrea J. Lee. We’ve designed this course to give you plenty of coaching and hot seat time so you get the help you need to launch your product or program — http://www.TheUnlaunch.com)
Now, once you have your offer, you need to get the word out. Here are a few places to start:
1. Your own list (including any forums or networking groups you’re in). You want to start with people you know — if they like what you’re doing they’ll also pass it on. Make sure you tell EVERYONE you know (but don’t be obnoxious about it — make sure you’re doing it in an appropriate manner)
2. Joint venture partners and affiliates
3. Social networking platforms
4. Blog articles (your own blog and others)
5. Press releases
8. Online listings (these are both free and paid and include places like event calendars, teleseminar listings, Craigslist, etc.)
9. Paid ads (there is nothing wrong with paid ads — it can be a really good place to start if your list and reach is small)
(If you have any questions about any of these, again this is something we cover in detail in The Unlaunch — including a module focused exclusively on JVs, affiliates and social networking.)
If you want to here more answers to your product launch questions, join me on Wednesday, Feb 22, at 2 pm Pacific/5 pm Eastern where Wealthy Thought Leader Andrea J. Lee are hosting a special Q&A call all about product launches. Here’s the link to reserve your spot (plus you can ask your question if you’d like): http://www.MichelePW.com/fiber